Be Focused – Focus on the output that is required of you.
Make sure you understand from your line manager what is expected and by when. This has to be your priority and will be the main way your performance will be measured.
- Don’t be distracted by emails and non-critical items, especially emails which you were cc’d in to.
- Plan times in your day for dealing with emails and let your colleagues know when you will be available for calls or when you will be in the office.
- Don’t be afraid to say ‘no’ to your colleagues, if you feel you have too much on your plate then don’t take on more than you can handle – this will just have a negative effect all of your output.
- If your organisation is rolling out a unified communications platform such as Lync or Skype then update your status to flag when you are available.
- Make sure to take short, regular breaks as this will help you to clear your head and encourage you to be more focused, with a clearer head upon returning to the task at hand.
10 ways to… Prioritise your workload
11 Ways to Avoid Distractions and Stay Focused
7 Ways to Manage Email So It Doesn’t Manage You
The 10 Top Tips for Agile Working:
[vbs_style1 category=”TinyTopTen” ]
Subscribe to the Baker Stuart Blog and we’ll mail you a hard copy of the Top Ten Tips for Agile Working: