The paperless office is a myth; for the foreseeable future there will be a need for some form of workplace storage. There is often, however, significant scope for reduction and a move to electronic processes. FileLOOK is a storage and filing toolkit which includes both physical surveys, identification of file types and retention periods and a rationalisation planning tool which identifies:
- The opportunities to optimise space through improved document management
- Filing needs for defined work-styles
- Reduction targets
- Retention and destruction strategies
Filing and Storage Assessments: The benefits
FileLOOK allows us to:
- Engage with key departmental contacts through questionnaires to define work processes and storage needs;
- Evaluate type, format, quantity, retention and regularity of access for current filing systems;
- Establish what files can be kept, archived, scanned or destroyed;
- Define the filing brief for the project;
- Establish reduction targets and timescales;
- Review the scope for workflow rationalisation and e-filing.
Want to learn more about our Filing and Storage Assessment tool? Get in touch here.
Find out more about the rest of the WorkLOOK Toolkit .